unable to install pocket on my pc

Harve
Hi

Sorry to ask such basic questions.

I already have pocket installed on my Samsung S3. Also installed on phone is Dropbox.

Dropbox is also installed on my Windows 8 laptop and is already synced with my phone.

Now I have installed Pocket on my laptop. However when Pocket is launched on my laptop it asks to 'load your existing pocket from the file system' I then input 'dropbox' in the space and enter 'load', but it fails to load and says that 'wallet.db' is unavailable.

Please help me as I am not a computer geek.

Also in my phone when I press sync pocket to dropbox it says sync failed.

Appreciate if some one can help me with these issues.

Thanks a heap.

Re: unable to install pocket on my pc

tom1
Typing Dropbox in the text box does nothing, you have to physically browse to the location of the file in your Dropbox folder and select that file.

Follow these steps:

1  Click on the Browse button beside location
2  Now your Computer Drives and Dropbox should appear in a drop down menu
3  Select Dropbox
4  Scroll down to the SecureWallet folder and click on it to open it
5  In that folder there is to files, select the file named wallet.db
6  Select that file as that is where Pocket is on Dropbox
7  Click OK
It should now open that file for you to complete the Pocket setup

Syncing issues

Harve
Hi

Thanks for your help.

After several attempts and failures I have succeeded in installing Pocket on my laptop!!

Now issues with syncing. I have installed Pocket on my phone samsung S3. I tried to syncing the data from dropbox to pocket on my phone. I tried to follow all the steps. But syncing failed and no data from dropbox pc could be seen in the pocket on phone.

Would you please look into this issue and help me to sync both the pc and phone pockets.

Best regards

Harve

Re: unable to install pocket on my pc

GeneC
4  Scroll down to the SecureWallet folder and click on it to open it

There are no files in my securewallet folder.  Any suggestions?  I have a galaxy  and a tablet with Pocket syncing just fine.

Re: unable to install pocket on my pc

tom1
If the database is in your Dropbox account then there won't be any wallet.db won't be on your own computer it will be in your Dropbox folder

Browse to your Dropbox folder

In the folder named SecureWallet you will have 2 files:
1  hash
2  wallet, the wallet file is the database file, select that file and it should work.

If you had chosen at initial setup just a local (only on your computer and didn't need to synch it with another phone/pc then in that case there would be the two files hash and wallet on your C: drive

By the way which operating system is on your computer? If it's Windows 8.1 I can't get Pocket to run on my computer either. I have installed no bother but when I double click the Pocket shortcut nothing happens.

Hope that helps

Re: unable to install pocket on my pc

amklingen
I have tried and tried to download the wallet.db file from my Dropbox folder on my PC to the Pocket Desktop app and it keeps saying "Pocket Database not found".  No idea how else to get it on the desktop, for example directly from Dropbox. I am using Windows 7.   Any suggestions?