syncing with digital dropbox

Alicia Koss
I recently had a different phone with pocket installed and had it synced with digital dropbox. Today I synced with the Dropbox again to be sure that my info was saved because I am thinking about switching phones. When I synced it asked if I wanted to replace the info so I said yes thinking that it would save the most recent info but now I have lost about 25 passwords. How do I undo what I've done??

Thanks!

Re: syncing with digital dropbox

timothyjc
Administrator
Dropbox has a feature where it keeps the previous version of files (including the Pocket files). If you use the Dropbox website you should be able to find your old data in there. Be sure to make a manual backup of your data before you play around with it though.

On 4 September 2015 at 18:48, Alicia Koss [via Pocket for Android] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I recently had a different phone with pocket installed and had it synced with digital dropbox. Today I synced with the Dropbox again to be sure that my info was saved because I am thinking about switching phones. When I synced it asked if I wanted to replace the info so I said yes thinking that it would save the most recent info but now I have lost about 25 passwords. How do I undo what I've done??

Thanks!

http://pocket-for-android.1047292.n5.nabble.com/syncing-with-digital-dropbox-tp5707167.html
To start a new topic under Pocket for Android, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Pocket for Android, click here.
NAML

Re: syncing with digital dropbox

Alicia Koss
When I go to the website it doesn't even show pocket in there. Does it have to be a desktop that I use because I logged on from my phone. Does that make a difference?

Re: syncing with digital dropbox

timothyjc
Administrator
It should be under a folder called SecureWallet. There are 2 files in there called hash.txt and wallet.db which is your data.
If you use your phone to access the Dropbox website it should be the same so long as you say "enable Desktop version".

Alicia Koss
It just gives me a bunch of letters and numbers.

Re: syncing with digital dropbox

timothyjc
Administrator
They are encrypted. You would need to make a backup of them, then make a backup of your data on your phone, then select the files on Dropbox and under More>Previous versions you should be able to roll back to previous versions of your data (so long as it was synced to Dropbox).

http://pocket-for-android.1047292.n5.nabble.com/syncing-with-digital-dropbox-tp5707167p5707171.html
To start a new topic under Pocket for Android, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Pocket for Android, click here.
NAML

Re: syncing with digital dropbox

Alicia Koss
Ugh. That sounds complicated. I'm not sure how to do any of that.

Re: syncing with digital dropbox

Alicia Koss
I think what happened was that there was a newer version and somehow it took most of my information and saved it but not all. There has to be an easier way to fix that. Otherwise my other option may be to just use another app that won't allow this and is more user friendly.

Re: syncing with digital dropbox

Mazen
Hi

I changed from Android to Iphone last month. Is there a way to access my data on my iphone? is there an app possibly that would do that?