Using Pocket for the First Time - trying to sync from desktop to dropbox

Using Pocket for the First Time - trying to sync from desktop to dropbox

msargent
I've got about 100 entries to move from DataVault for BB to Pocket for Android. I'd like to input from the desktop app and sync to my mobile. Is this possible? Don't see options to sync from desktop to dropbox.

Re: Using Pocket for the First Time - trying to sync from desktop to dropbox

timothyjc
Administrator
The desktop app is really only for editing an existing Pocket so you will need to create it on Android first.

Here are the detailed steps required:

1) Create your empty Pocket using the Android app and sync it with Dropbox.

2) Then open up the Desktop version and load your Pocket (assumming it is already synced to your desktop via the Dropbox standalone desktop app)

3) Edit your Pocket on the Desktop app and let the Dropbox standalone client sync your changes to Dropbox.

4) Open up Pocket on your Android device, unlock it to trigger a sync and then you should be notified of a newer version to which you should say you want to use it.

Re: Using Pocket for the First Time - trying to sync from desktop to dropbox

msargent
Thanks for your response. Inputting 100 entries via a mobile phone will be challenging, however.