Syncing Guide

123

Re: Syncing Guide

Kumar Iyer
Dear Tim,
           Thanks for developing desktop version available. I am having the following sync problem. When I update any entries in my mobile, it gets instantly updated in my desktop version. However, when doing visa versa, the updated entries from desktop version is not getting updated instantly on my mobile. I am storing the encrypted files in dropbox.  Why. How to resolve?

Thanks and Regards,
Kumar

Re: Syncing Guide

RatBert
Until today the synching with dropbox worked fine until now for years.....
Now my pocket on my laptop lost new data as it uses an older version ! As opposed to the newest.
Possibly due to.... insufficient space on dropbox such that all updates from last month on the laptop did not reach the dropbox and not my mobile device.
Such that my laptop version just got overwritten by an older march version indeed still on my mobile.

I do have a 14 april clash version in the folder. What is the trick now?
Just rename it to wallet? And will it then open properly.

Before doing the trial and error, I just wanted to check with you.
Regards,
Robert

Re: Syncing Guide (need to download DropBox, too)

ahoistion
Perhaps this is mentioned somewhere else, however as I installed the PC version today, I realized you also have to install dropbox on your PC in order to have the active syncing. You then have to use the path to the dropbox (SecureWallet) folder on your desktop (that automatically syncs w/ the web dropbox)....perhaps a newbie issue but wanted to offer this for anyone else...

Angela

Re: Syncing Guide -- Pocket desktop won't open, syncs fail

amkling
My Pocket phone and desktop all of a sudden do not sync to Dropbox or to each other.  The files are on Dropbox.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the desktop Pocket and Dropbox, I've changed the file extensions to every possible combination (hash.txt, wallet.txt, etc.) and the sync always fails.  I cannot access the desktop version at all -- I get a message "Unable to read Metadata file" and a box to search for the file.  When I search for the SecureWallet file it is empty and nothing happens, even though I transferred the db and txt files to my computer from my phone.  It used to work perfectly!  This is a great program and the desktop version allows easy updates so this is extremely frustrating.  Any suggestions are welcome!

Re: Syncing Guide

mc0e
Please do release this as open source.

I'm really not comfortable with use of dropbox, particularly since Condoleeza Rice got put on the board, and unless you'd like to implement other syncing options, or allow others to do so, that makes this a dead-end project for me.  Which is a shame, as it's been my choice for a few years now.

I'm also a bit uncomfortable with noone being able to audit the security of your app, and there's a few minor interface niggles that seem like they'd be easy to deal with.  All things that suggest that opening hte project up would be a good thing.

Re: Syncing Guide

rahul
How did you find .db in android?
How did you export it?
Is rooting the mobile required?

Re: Syncing Guide

rahul
Hi Tim,
I am a basic pocket user.
I started using pocket on android. I have no dropbox account linked to pocket as of now and i want to do this now. So, how can i retrieve database files from android to add them in dropbox?

Thanks and Regards

Re: Syncing Guide

John Beattie
I have the opposite problem. Stuff entered on the PC get to my tablet, but stuff on my tablet wont go to the PC. When I try to sync it asks if I want to overwrite the tablet.

Re: Syncing Guide

Magg~e
on my desktop version, how do i sync from online dropbox? I am only seeing the option to import files from local storage.  I am wanting to use the laptop and my androids to sync all data.

Re: Syncing Guide

mc0e
Configure pocket to use the SecureWallet files located in your Dropbox folder, and let Dropbox worry about syncing the file.

Re: Syncing Guide

Peggy
Please provide more simple directions - I have the below noted files but can't get my pocket restored on my new phone. When I try to import, the app says "pocket sync error".

Re: Syncing Guide

John Beattie
Thanks for the explanation but!
Works fine on my Nexus 7 Android 6.0.1. However, not my Moto G 3rd Gen Android 6.0.
After it refused to sync I reinstalled on the phone and changed the master password using the Nexus.
On reinstalling it recognises the password (ie won't accept the old one) but when I try to use existing Dropbox just says "Unable To Save"
So the phone edition is blank. How do I download and data onto the phone?
I am a paid up user.
Hay ho

Re: Syncing Guide

gjkozy
I have the same problem, if I update my PC version, it will not show up in the Android version.

But if I make changes in the Android version it will show up in the PC version.

The only way I was able to get my Android version to update from changes in the PC version is when I open pocket on Android and go to Configure pocket and select Setup online sync

then select Existing Dropbox Account

and it will tell me An esisting pocket was found on dropbox. Do you want to use this pocket?

and I select Use and the updates from the PC will show up on the Android version.

I wish there was a easier way, maybe there is a solution?
123