Syncing Guide

123

Re: Syncing Guide

Doug
Even though I just added a new website to Pocket and synced it with Dropbox, Dropbox is showing that wallet.db is about two weeks old when I log into dropbox from their Android app.

Why is that & how can I be sure that Pocket is syncing properly?

Thanks!

Re: Syncing Guide

Acker
I have the same problem.

Sync throws no errors - but nothing is actually uploaded to DropBox.

No SecureWallet folder.  No .db file, no .txt file.  No DropBox change whatsoever.

Re: Syncing Guide

RhBrandt
Hi,
I work with four devices, HTC Desire s, HTC One X, HTC Flyer and Asus Transformer with different versions of Android.
The message 'Newer Pocket Found - Use It?' appears on the status bar at the top or bottom, but sometimes is not visible. Pull down the Android status bar from the top and find the message.
That works on each of my devices.
I think, it is not save enough, because I ever have to pay attention when opening pocket . So I wanted to sync via Dropbox and Dropsync. Dropsync is able to define the folders to sync.
Unfortunaly the db-file and hash-file are stored in the sdcard-folder.
If I choose this folder to sync, all subfolder will be synced too.
Is there a possibility to store the two files in an extra folder?
It would be very helpful. I would appreciate receiving some information.
Regards
RhBrandt

Re: Syncing Guide

Burt
I also struggled for days to sort out the dropbox sync problem between pc and android (in my case samsung s3). The solution is the elusive 'Newer pocket found! Use it?' in the top bar of your android. Pull it down - use, and walla it works!!

Re: Syncing Guide

Hank
Dropbox is not visable to chose for desktop link.  Secure wallet is visable when I move it to the desktop however when I move the file back to dropbox pocket show database error.  What am I doing wrong.  FRUSTRATING

Thank you in advance

Re: Syncing Guide

Jim Lange
I think one of the causes of syncing issues is that DropBox changed the way that files in DropBox are synched to your phone. DropBox no longer maintains an updated copy of files on your phone by default and may remove the local copy if it hasn't been accessed in a while. The only way to ensure (or increase the chances of) your Pocket files in DropBox staying up to date is to mark them as favorites in DropBox.

1) Open DropBox
2) Open the SecureWallet folder
3) Click on the action icon to the right of each of the files (hash.txt, wallet.db) and then click on the Favorite (star) icon.

The files should now stay synched to your phone. If you still have sync delays, launch DropBox on your phone and double check the last modification date of those two files.

Re: Syncing Guide

RickJ
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Syncing Guide

alan
I am having a similar problem. Syncing with dropbox works fine on my phone, but when I try to set up my tablet, it sees the pocket file in dropbox and asks if I want to use the dropbox file on this tablet - I say yes, it seems to sync but the tablet contains no data. I cannot get the data to come down on the tablet.

Re: Syncing Guide

Mojo
I've installed Pocket, & upgraded to the pro version, to get rid of the ads. Trying to sync with my Dropbox account, but the app wont have any of it, keeps saying 'Dropbox credentials not valid.' Would be grateful if someone could enlighten me as to why Pocket wont let me sync to my Dropbox account, considering this was one of the reasons why I brought Pocket in the first place! Many thanks in advance
bmw

Re: Syncing Guide

bmw
When exporting on the smartphone app, the file name defaults to "pocket" for each file.

I would suggest updating your syncing/export and sync'ing/importing to Desktop version guides

1. In Dropbox, create a new folder called SecureWallet
2. When exporting, you must export four files (*.xml, *.csv, *.db and *.txt).
     a. This is in the Export requester by clicking on the drop-down menu. You must perform this for each file.
3. The export function defaults to the filename "pocket". You must manually change each filename, as follows:
     a. Change *.db to wallet.db
     b. Change *.txt to hash.txt
4. Then proceed to 'Load' or 'Import'

Re: Syncing Guide

Heather
I am trying to set up a new pocket on my new phone. However, when I try to put in my dropbox credentials, it says, "Dropbox credentials not valid". I know that they are... I'm signed in to it right now. I have checked, triple checked what I've typed in and it's all right. I'm so upset about it because I LOVE this app, but I've lost all of my stuff before and really want it connected to dropbox this time. :( Any suggestions?

Re: Syncing Guide

Lori S
I am having this exact problem.  All my data is right there, in my DB Secure Wallet.  Do I really have to manually add it all to my Pocket?   Can't find a response to this post.  Anything out there?

Re: Syncing Guide

Dr_Niss
Now syncing appears to have stopped working completely, look at all the threads on the forum

Re: Syncing Guide

jcfm
I have HTC Inspire and LG Thrill phones, originally I used pocket app on the HTC and works wonderful now I would like to install it onto the LG, downloaded the app and a file manager app on both phone to transfer the files via a pc.  I am unable to find the wallet folder on the HTC or any files related to the pocket app, also obtain a Dropbox for both phones and pc without much luck either...what am I doing or not and/or where is the HTC pocket folder??  I have selected to view hidden files as well...

Re: Syncing Guide

Vital
I am also having the exact same problem. I have tried reinstalling dropbox, create a new dropbox account, reset, export and import again and... I can see the file when using dropbox both on the PC and HTC Android. Help me!!

Re: Syncing Guide

Soruk
Unfortunately, the version of Dropbox API used by Pocket has been switched off. That's why you're getting the sync errors.

You can still manually sync, export using Configure --> Export, then use another app to upload the files (make sure you use SQLite Encrypted) to Dropbox, from where you can download them and import them into another device using Configure --> Import.

Re: Syncing Guide

Hani
Hello, after buying my galaxy s4 I can't sync pocket with dropbox...it is saying connection to dropbox error

Re: Syncing Guide

Scott
I've used Pocket for at least a year and have really appreciated it very much.  I store well over 130 passwords and secret questions.

About a week ago, Pocket stopped syncing with Dropbox.  After about 4 days, I chose to uninstall and reinstall Pocket to see if that would resolve the issue.

I proceeded attempt to import my database from Dropbox and I received the following error message: "A network error occurred while communicating with Dropbox".  Now, I have no access to all my passwords and I'm in trouble.

Is there a way to open the encrypted .db file so I can maybe export it to a spreadsheed or as a .csv file?  I attempted to download the windows version, but I get some sort of registry error.

You help would be so much appreciated.

Re: Syncing Guide

knitten2000
Timothyjc has said an update is coming that will fix the dropbox sync. However since you're hung out to dry without your passwords, try this post by uccoffee

http://pocket-for-android.1047292.n5.nabble.com/For-those-who-have-access-to-dropbox-data-but-not-android-td5706814.html

you still have the files in your dropbox. You should be able to rename hash.txt to wallet.txt, and bring it to your phones file system with dropbox or another cloud system, or just over a cable from your PC. Once you have it saved to your phones internal memory, follow uccoffee's steps to import.

Also I recommend rebooting your PC, redownloading the PC application, and trying that again. Not sure why you got that error. The PC app is great.

Re: Syncing Guide

Chrise Corliss
When I looked in the SecureWallet folder I noticed the Hash file is missing. How do I get it back?
123