So, is Pocket dead?

12

So, is Pocket dead?

TurdFerguson
Seeing that there have been no app updates since 2013 and Tim's last post in this forum is from 2015, despite users apparently having issues (Java etc, I will certainly not update that for now...) - is there any hope we will see a new version, ever?

I am a long time pro user (Android and Windows), and would even gladly pay again to see a new version with new features/design come out, but right now I am getting increasingly worried that one day, out of nowhere, due to some update or other reason, it will just stop working and all my entries are lost. I'd love to keep faith, I am a great fan of Pocket, but I am considering copying all my data to a file somewhere (as text? screenshots?) which somewhat negates the whole convenience/security aspect of the app :(

Please Tim, is there any hope? I want to believe!

If not - does anyone have a recommendation for a viable alternative with a similar feature set? I somehow can't seem to find anything I like and/or trust...

Still a fan
TurdF

Re: So, is Pocket dead?

sinclm
I have been using the Android App and Desktop version for a couple of years and found it works very well. However my phone reset itself and I no longer have the pocket app. Unfortunately it appears to no longer be listed on Google Play. Can anyone help?

Re: So, is Pocket dead?

Horst

Re: So, is Pocket dead?

sinclm
Thank you so much.  I could not find it searching for 'pocket'.  I did not think of searching for 'wallet'.   All up and running again now.
Regards Michael.

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Re: So, is Pocket dead?

Holly
But how do I install the PC version on my new laptop? The link to do so does not work.

I've used Pocket/Wallet for years and really don't want to give it up but I need it to sync across my devices.

Re: So, is Pocket dead?

Aleks
Email me at "antared" at "wp" dot "pl" I will send you PC ver. 8MB

Re: So, is Pocket dead?

Aleks
Some your email services (yahoo for example) is blocking my email server so I decidet to put link on my private www server. Download and share.
For short time only.

http://www.glemp.pl/windows_pocket_setup_1.5.exe

Regards

Re: So, is Pocket dead?

Khaled
Thanks, mate. Very helpful, much appreciated.

Re: So, is Pocket dead?

acambridge
Hi...I've noticed in here that you have the download for windows.  My pocket has grown so much now
And I'm afraid of losing it all...Plus it's very difficult for me to print from my phone...No matter which app I try.
So I'm thinking of trying the PC option and hoping because I know how to work pocket well now that I can make
It work.  Lol

Will you please send me the file?  I tried to get it but it tries to open in Dropbox.

Thanks
Carol

Re: So, is Pocket dead?

knitten2000
I was able to download the exe file from the link posted previously. Try it again and see if you can download.

Re: So, is Pocket dead?

acambridge
Hi...Thanks.  I eventually did get it but on my laptop I can't do Nothing within it...ie: print, add new entries etc.  Is that just the way it is?
Carol

I was able to download the exe file from the link posted previously. Try it again and see if you can download.

http://pocket-for-android.1047292.n5.nabble.com/So-is-Pocket-dead-tp5707313p5707339.html
To unsubscribe from So, is Pocket dead?, click here.
NAML

Re: So, is Pocket dead?

knitten2000
I am able to add new entries on desktop. I don't think there has ever been a print function.

Dropbox sync seems to have stopped working recently. I'm currently looking for another app. But I don't have time to mess with setting another one up right now.

Re: So, is Pocket dead?

Bob G
I Agree. Long Time Pocket User on Android. Simple, Secure, Easy to Use. I don't want a Password Generator like Keeper. Too Complicated for Me.

Re: So, is Pocket dead?

acambridge
Yup...I've been using pocket for years and hasn't failed me yet.  I save and sync offline just in case tho and print.  Too valuable now.
 Carol

I Agree. Long Time Pocket User on Android. Simple, Secure, Easy to Use. I don't want a Password Generator like Keeper. Too Complicated for Me.

http://pocket-for-android.1047292.n5.nabble.com/So-is-Pocket-dead-tp5707313p5707354.html
To unsubscribe from So, is Pocket dead?, click here.
NAML

Re: So, is Pocket dead?

mell0yell05
I am also worried about losing all my stored information. How do you save offline, sync, and print?

Re: So, is Pocket dead?

acambridge
Hi.  I don't use the windows software, just don't want something to go wrong, as I've heard.

I syc with Dropbox and also export to my phone and then put that on my sd card and then onto an external drive.
(Press config in the main screen and follow instructions with Dropbox) Then it will automatically sync everytime you close pocket.  You'll see it's icon up in the status bar when closing)
You can email me again if you have trouble.

I am also worried about losing all my stored information. How do you save offline, sync, and print?

http://pocket-for-android.1047292.n5.nabble.com/So-is-Pocket-dead-tp5707313p5707362.html
To unsubscribe from So, is Pocket dead?, click here.
NAML

Re: So, is Pocket dead?

mell0yell05
Perfect! Thank you!

Re: So, is Pocket dead?

acambridge
You're welcome.

Re: So, is Pocket dead?

fgmart
Hi all, I just installed Pocket on my latest phone and got this worrisome message:

"The old version of the Dropbox platform is being retired on September 28, 2017. The developer of this app has yet to acknowledge the change, so this app may not continue to work in the future."

Tim, will you save us and update the app?

Re: So, is Pocket dead?

acambridge
Yikes

http://pocket-for-android.1047292.n5.nabble.com/So-is-Pocket-dead-tp5707313p5707366.html