Problem installing PRO Key

nairn
I have succesfully installed the "Lite" version of Pocket, which seems to work fine.

I have purchased and downloaded the PRO Key, but it does not seem to be installing..

Phone is an IDEOS U8150 running Android version 2.2

I can see the PRO Key in "My Apps" where it has a status of "Purchased", but I do not seem to be able to install it.....

Any thoughts?

Re: Problem installing PRO Key

timothyjc
Administrator
Apps not installing seems to be a common bug of the Android market. Can you kill the Market or restart the phone? If you can't get it working send me an email and I'll send you a key.

RE: Problem installing PRO Key

nairn
Tim,

I tried uninstalling the Poclet app and re-installing it. It synced fine with drop-box after the re-install, but the Pro Key still is not installing.

If you could sent the key I will give that a go.

As a side comment, I noticed that someone else had suggested/requested the "Pattern unlock" feature - that wouldbe really cool, as I love this feature

Cheers for your time

Nairn

Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 07:32:31 -0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Problem installing PRO Key

http://pocket-for-android.1047292.n5.nabble.com/Problem-installing-PRO-Key-tp4405185p4406636.html
To unsubscribe from Problem installing PRO Key, click here.

Re: Problem installing PRO Key

timothyjc
Administrator
Send your email address to [hidden email] and I'll send you a key.

On 18 May 2011 23:32, nairn [via Pocket for Android]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Tim,
>
> I tried uninstalling the Poclet app and re-installing it. It synced fine
> with drop-box after the re-install, but the Pro Key still is not installing.
>
> If you could sent the key I will give that a go.
>
> As a side comment, I noticed that someone else had suggested/requested the
> "Pattern unlock" feature - that wouldbe really cool, as I love this feature
>
> Cheers for your time
>
> Nairn
>
> ________________________________
> Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 07:32:31 -0700
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: Problem installing PRO Key
>
> Apps not installing seems to be a common bug of the Android market. Can you
> kill the Market or restart the phone? If you can't get it working send me an
> email and I'll send you a key.

Re: Problem installing PRO Key

nairn
Yippee........

Successfully installed Pro Key following Tim's instructions.

Looks like there was an issue with my phone settitngs, but Tim gave me a very simple work-around that sorted it out.

Getting rid of the ads helps as it gives you that extra screeen-space which is very handy for smaller phones.

Extremely impressed with the prompt replies (I wish the IT department where I work were even a fraction as efficient) and helpful assistance for a compete novice.

Cheers

Re: Problem installing PRO Key

butters
I am having the same problem.  I have the HTC thunderbolt and my app does not show up in the apps but it does show up in the market as installed.  I have installed the app and reinstated it but it still does not appear.  What do I need to do?

RE: Problem installing PRO Key

nairn
Butters,

The developer of the app sent through an "apk" file as an email attachment to me, which I was then able to download onto the phone and install it successfully.

You will need to change (temporarily) your phone settings to enable the loading of non-market apps.

Suggest you get in touch with the developer directly. I was very impressed with the service, and the product is working fine.

Cheers
Nairn

Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 20:48:41 -0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

http://pocket-for-android.1047292.n5.nabble.com/Problem-installing-PRO-Key-tp4405185p4629505.html

butters
Nairn what setting did you have to change?

RE: Problem installing PRO Key

nairn
Go into Settings/Applications and check the option that allows installation of non market applications. You can change this setting back after you have installed the apk file.
hope that helps.
Nairn

butters
Nairn,  I tried this and it still did not work.  My phone still says the app is installed but does not appear anywhere in my apps.  I am being to think I should find another app to keep all my important information.  I am not sure if it a problem with the application or the HTC thunderbolt.

RE: Problem installing PRO Key

nairn
App is working fine for me on a huawei ideos 8150 running android 2.2 ___ sorry I couldn't be of any more help ....

"butters [via Pocket for Android]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Nairn,  I tried this and it still did not work.  My phone still says the app
>is installed but does not appear anywhere in my apps.  I am being to think I
>should find another app to keep all my important information.  I am not sure
>if it a problem with the application or the HTC thunderbolt.

Re: Problem installing PRO Key

neilyellowgum@gmail.com
Hi Tim

Wanted to support your app and get rid of ads.
But I am unable to install Pro key.. Error code:500 if that helps

Regard Neil Douglas
neilyellowgum@gmail.com