New account problem

joshefin
Third time reporting the problem, so i hope i'll get the answer now. Problem is that each time i start the app it wants to setup an account, which i already did. This makes app unusable. Any idea why is this happening ?

Re: New account problem

timothyjc
Administrator
It takes you through the "Welcome to Pocket" screen?

This could be happening if for some reason the application is not being allowed to save preferences by the OS. What version of Android are you running and what device?

I did some Googling and came up with several threads like this one: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-developers/KJNdYMcGZlM

My bet is there is a buggy implementation with Motorola as per this thread, though they also talk about G1 devices sometimes having the problem. You don't by chance have a Droid/Milestone/G1?

Re: New account problem

joshefin
This started to happen when I updated to the new version of Wallet. But I tried uninstalling and installing new version of Wallet and later, Pocet, but this happens all the time.
I start the app, it shows the Welcome screen, I create new account, import pocket from Dropbox and finish the setup. And everything works fine, until I exit the app and later start it again - it shows Welcome screen again and I must do the whole process again.
Do note that this didn't happen when I first started using Wallet.
Phone is Samsung Galaxy S, Android 2.2.1

Re: New account problem

timothyjc
Administrator
Here is someone who had a very similar problem:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4804305/cant-retrieve-sharedpreference-when-activity-is-resumed-from-history-on-samsung
Did you also recently upgrade your ROM to 2.2.1?

I'm pretty sure this is the problem you are having:
http://kmansoft.wordpress.com/2011/04/10/js5-firmware-for-samsung-galaxy-s-i9000-is-garbage/
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=978012

And following those threads they suggest it comes from Samsung not uninstalling apps correctly and suggest uninstalling with Titanium.

Re: New account problem

joshefin
Yes, that is a problem, I read that other developers, like Beautiful widgets, also have same problem with Samsung firmwares. Interesting is that Wallet worked on my phone with 2.2.1, and than stopped after I think one update. Mayble someone will find a workaround.