How to load file to desktop version

amklingen
I am baffled as to how to "load existing Pocket from filesystem" to the Desktop version.  I have a file wallet.db in my C drive Documents but the application won't load it.  Also, syncing only works one way from Dropbox to my Android phone, but I update the entries on my phone because for the life of me I cannot figure out how to update my file on Dropbox.  I got this app because so many reviews say it's easy to use, but I feel like I need to be a programmer to figure this stuff out.

All I want to do is to update my entries on the Desktop and sync or export them to the phone, because it's much easier to type on the Desktop than on the phone.
JJ

Re: How to load file to desktop version

JJ
This is quite difficult and the developer for some strange reason does not seem to have written a help file for the pc version!!

Any way after 4 hours trying this is how I got pc and android files to work from one to the other and vice versa. Android phone to windows 7 pc

This is the general process from android to pc. Sequence may not be exact as this is from memory yesterday but it works.

Setup app on android and key in any data required. Export file as encrypted database
Copy the 2 files ????.db and ????.txt to a folder on PC. eg C:\pocketdata
Rename the ????.db file to wallet.db and rename the ????.txt file to hash.txt
Open the pc pocket program and import the 2 renamed files using encrypted data option

Pc version should then open after keying in master password

To get data file from pc to android is tricky as well. Here is what I did.

Find where the two data files are for pc. Need to be named wallet.db and hash.txt. Copy them to a folder on the SD card on the android phone.

You need to reset pocket on the android. This will delete any data in pocket on the android so export the file somewhere first if there is data on the andoid app that you need.
Rename the hash.txt file to wallet.txt otherwise the import to the android app will not work.
After resetting pocket on the android phone you have the option to import data. Select encrtpted database
Select the wallet.db file and data should be imported.
Key in the master password and the android pocket app should work.

Lovely looking program and it is great that there is a sister PC program but shame that no decent instructions on this process.
Have not tried dropbox sync as i find dropbox can be very very nasty and will delete files off pc without telling you so i never use it.

Good luck - Pocket has a lot of potential

Re: How to load file to desktop version

amklingen
Thanks for all the info!  I was able to follow your instructions to transfer the data from the PC to my Android phone.  The PC version makes it so much easier to update entries vs. trying to do it on the phone.  You're right, there should be a Help file or User Guide for the desktop version.

And Pocket also finally synced properly with Dropbox (it wasn't updating at all).

Sorry to take so long to respond -- this is the first chance I've had time to work on this.

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 5:07 AM, JJ [via Pocket for Android] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://pocket-for-android.1047292.n5.nabble.com/How-to-load-file-to-desktop-version-tp5707101p5707103.html
To unsubscribe from How to load file to desktop version, click here.
NAML

--
Please reply to [hidden email]