Dropbox 2017 update

Bob

Dropbox 2017 update

Bob
Hallo Tim,
Is Pocket going to be update before the DropBox 2017 September update. According to a DB mail message we could lose storend Pocket info.
Best,
Bob

Re: Dropbox 2017 update

Saptarshi Roy
Dear Tim

I have been a Pocket user since October 2011. This has usually been the 1st app that I install on any Android phone.

On 11-August-2017, I happened to receive an e-mail from Dropbox which I'm pasting verbatim below:

Hi Saptarshi,
On September 28, 2017, we’ll be making some changes to Dropbox that will likely affect the following 3rd party apps linked to your Dropbox account: Pocket for Android. You’re receiving this email because you’ve used these apps at least once within the past month.
While we’ve informed all developers about our upcoming changes, the developers for the apps listed above have yet to update their apps accordingly. If they don’t update their apps before September 28, these apps will no longer be able to access Dropbox. That said, any data already saved in Dropbox won’t be affected and will still be accessible from our official web, mobile, and desktop clients.
As a recent user of these apps, we recommend you take the following actions:
Review how you use these apps, especially if you use them to access Dropbox
If you rely on these apps to store data in Dropbox, we suggest exporting or backing up any data from these apps before the September 28 deadline.
We understand changes like these can be inconvenient. We hope that the recommendations above help you plan accordingly. If you have any questions about these apps, please contact the apps through their support channels.
The Dropbox Team

I wish to enquire if you're working on the changes and if Pocket would be available to use on and after 28-September-2017.

Thank you.

--
Kind regards,
Saptarshi Roy