Drop Box Sync

Ward Cushman
My wife and I use the same model phone and each sync our Pocket to the same Dropbox.  This is great as we both can update things.  Recently we did an update for Pocket and since then her pocket won't sync.  Mine continue to work fine.   I have uninstalled and reinstalled Pocket on hers.  I have try to sync multiple times.  It is not a connection issue, unless it is with her particular phone as I am holding them side by side.  I have just been using you product a short time and really like it, but unfortunately this has thrown us for a loop.

Ward

Re: Drop Box Sync

timothyjc
Administrator
What happens when u click manual sync?

Re: Drop Box Sync

Ward Cushman
It says "Syncing Pocket" at the top of the window, but nothing is appearing in the pocket.

Re: Drop Box Sync

Ward Cushman
I am sending two phones with the same pocket.  Could that be the issue?

Re: Drop Box Sync

kevin
I have the exact same problem although the phone models are differenr. Any advice?

Re: Drop Box Sync

Ward Cushman

I wish I had good news, but I don't.  I have found no fix and am afraid to update the app again until I get all the passwords off and transferred to another app.  It was sweet while it worked!
On Aug 15, 2011 12:02 PM, "kevin [via Pocket for Android]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have the exact same problem although the phone models are differenr. Any advice?

Re: Drop Box Sync

Turist
sync is not working for me: i change wallet from pc and it syncs to dropbox.
i open wallet from Galaxy S2, it says "Syncing", than status changes to "New wallet found, use it instead?"
only possibility to get this wallet to handheld is to re-configure dropbox sync.

the application is useless without flawless sync unfortunately.

Re: Drop Box Sync

Andmike
What happens if you answer Yes to:
New wallet found, use it instead?

Re: Drop Box Sync

Ward Cushman

It says it reinstalls, replaces current wallet but there is no data present when it finishes
On Aug 18, 2011 11:35 AM, "Andmike [via Pocket for Android]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What happens if you answer Yes to:
> New wallet found, use it instead?

Re: Drop Box Sync

Turist
if i click yes, nothing happens actually.
but after this it looks loke multiple copies of Pocket are running as it wont close as i click Back button. it just re opens the login screen.

Re: Drop Box Sync

Jamie
I am experiencing the same problem. And I am very frustrated. I have a Google Nexus S. On the desktop I can open Pocket to see and edit my personal data which are saved and stored on my dropbox. On the phone however when I sync it it goes through successfully but I don't see any data. When I make a change on the desktop the phone sync senses a new pocket and asks me if I want to sycn it and I do, but when it's done I still don't see any data.

What is happening and what is the developer doing to solve this problem? On Vacation?

Re: Drop Box Sync

RogerJ
Like you I have been impressed, but now Pocket will not sync with DropBox and my Galaxy S2.

My DropBox is up to date with the Windows Desktop eg Web Logins count is 17 from last night's entries, but my device is still shown 13 entries.

This is not good enough.

If it's not fixed soon I'll have to look elsewhere.

Re: Drop Box Sync

Darko
Tom

Re: Drop Box Sync

Tom
Same problem here. Nothing works to fix it.

Re: Drop Box Sync

Steve
Hey guys. I found out what the problem is with Pocket sync. Pocket on Android syncs to a folder called "My Dropbox" but the new version of Dropbox creates a folder called "Dropbox" on your PC. When I renamed it to "My Dropbox", Pocket syncs fine. The only problem is that Dropbox automatically renames it "Dropbox" when it syncs so you have to rename the folder each time.

Re: Drop Box Sync

Paks
Hi, I had the same problema but, after reading here, I found the solution in this forum in another message now in page 2 and not in this thread (sorry, I don't remember who is the author of the message).

The problem is with the order of installation. You have to install the android app AFTER having installed in your PC dropbox and Pocket for PC (of course you have to log in at least one time). After that, you only have to uninstall and reinstall pocket for android, put the data of your dropbox account and voila. Now it all works perfectly from PC to mobile and from mobile to PC. I love Pocket :-)