Desktop Version: Unable to save Pocket properties

Desktop Version: Unable to save Pocket properties

TomNeth
Hi Tim,
I have downloaded the Windows Installer 1.4 and installed it. I entered the path "...\My Dropbox\SecureWallet" and tried to load it, but I get the error message: "Unable to save Pocket properties: check permissions". What would be the problem? I am using Windows XP. And so far syncing with Dropbox from my mobile is okay.
Thanks.

Re: Desktop Version: Unable to save Pocket properties

timothyjc
Administrator
Pockey needs the ability to write to your home directory to save some
preferences about where you Pocket is stored. On your computer Pocket
doesnt have permissions to write to the home directory.

On 11 June 2011 21:39, TomNeth [via Pocket for Android]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
> I have downloaded the Windows Installer 1.4 and installed it. I entered the
> path "...\My Dropbox\SecureWallet" and tried to load it, but I get the error
> message: "Unable to save Pocket properties: check permissions". What would
> be the problem? I am using Windows XP. And so far syncing with Dropbox from
> my mobile is okay.
> Thanks.

Re: Desktop Version: Unable to save Pocket properties

TomNeth
I am sorry, Tim, then, how do I change so that Pocket would have the permission to write at my home directory? Or should I move the SecureWallet folder to somewhere else? But it should be within my C: drive, right?

Re: Desktop Version: Unable to save Pocket properties

Brian
Has there been any resolutions to this?  I am still getting this error.

Re: Desktop Version: Unable to save Pocket properties

Alfredo Alvarez
I started Pocket as a System Administrator and it works.

Re: Desktop Version: Unable to save Pocket properties

ohara_brian
That did the trick!  Thanks for the help :)

Brian

I started Pocket as a System Administrator and it works.

http://pocket-for-android.1047292.n5.nabble.com/Desktop-Version-Unable-to-save-Pocket-properties-tp4479493p5707056.html
To unsubscribe from Desktop Version: Unable to save Pocket properties, click here.
NAML