Desktop Version Released

1234

Re: Desktop Version Released

elizabeth
How do you download the desktop part on a mac? Mine doesn't open the .jar file i downloaded, and i don't know what to do.
Thanks.

Re: Desktop Version / request for features

Charles
Hi.

I really like your elegant application and its very reasonable price compared to other mobile/desktop syncing options.

I'd just like to echo two feature requests that have already shown up in this forum thread:

(1) A way to adjust the time-out feature on the desktop application.

(2) A way to resize the vertical panel dividers on the desktop screen. I have the destop application installed on a netbook with 1024x600 resolution and Windows 7 Pro. Because the panels are fixed-width the "edit" button on the far right is hidden until I mouse down to a very narrow scroll bar at the bottom of the panel. This is frustrating because there is plenty of white space in the group and entry panels but no way to collapse their width.

Anyway, keep up the great work. I particularly liked how easy it was to sync up the android and desktop data!

Best,
Charles.

Re: Desktop Version Released

lmcandrews
I loaded Pocket onto my new android and I have to manually enter so many notes from my Blackberry that I am glad to see you can put it on your PC first.  HOwever, I just downloaded and installed the desktop version and it asks me to load the files from somewhere on my PC.  I am confused.  I don't have any on my pc--only on my droid.  How can I load pocket with no data for me to begin from there?

Re: Desktop Version Released

CannonFoddr
This post was updated on .
@ lmcandrews: There is a  [small] problem between the Android Pocket app and the desktop App which I mentioned on the previous page (Feb 22nd)

The Android App stores it's files as 'pocket.db' and 'pocket.txt', while the desktop app requires 'wallet.db' and 'hash.txt'

What you need to do is
> FIRST copy 'pocket.db' and 'pocket.txt' from your Android on your PC into the same directory as you have saved the desktop app

> Rename 'Pocket.db' to 'wallet.db'
> Rename 'pocket.txt' to 'hash.txt'
> Start up the Desktop app & you should be good to go (Enter your password)

> You can now edit/add any new passwords etc

To transfer it all back, you need to reverse the above (rename 'wallet.db' to 'pocket.db' / rename 'hash.txt' to 'pocket.txt' / copy back to root of your Android phone) & the Android App should now see the file with the edited/new entries

If you're confident with BATch files, you could use the listings I had posted on my previous post (just change the drive letter if your phone shows up under a different one) to make the transfer a little easier (note - I use the JAR version of pocket desktop not the EXE version)...

EDIT: Oopps forgot to mention something... When you copy the files from PC to Android - you need to [reset] pocket > restart setup > import from sdcard > pocket SQLite Databse (Encrypted)
 before any new/edited entries will appear in the Android pocket app

Not having a go at the developer, but it's HAS been 5 months since I mentioned this small problem with the desktop App - & he still hasn't updated it, even the Android App hasn't been updated since June 29th - so personally I'm beginning to think he may've abandoned the project, which is a shame

Re: Desktop Version Released

chief
Desktop version tested under FreeBSD (PC-BSD 9.0-amd64)

Java - OpenJDK 1.6.0-b24 64bit

command: java -jar pocket_1.5.jar

Sucsessfully started, opened wallet file downloaded from Dropbox (Dropbox not supported under FreeBSD), russian characters displayed properly. Some debug, warning and error messages displayed in console window:

** (epiphany:80279): DEBUG: NP_Initialize
** (epiphany:80279): DEBUG: NP_Initialize succeeded
** (epiphany:80279): DEBUG: NP_Initialize
** (epiphany:80279): DEBUG: NP_Initialize succeeded
** (epiphany:80279): DEBUG: NP_Initialize
** (epiphany:80279): DEBUG: NP_Initialize succeeded
** (epiphany:80279): DEBUG: NP_Initialize
** (epiphany:80279): DEBUG: NP_Initialize succeeded
openjdk version "1.6.0"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b24)

(process:80327): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
        Using the fallback 'C' locale.

** (epiphany:80279): CRITICAL **: enchant_dict_check: assertion `len' failed

but in application window all is OK.

Re: Desktop Version Released

Deven
I have been waiting for this; now I will pay up for the Android one I have been using. It makes data entry so much easier. If the Author is reading this, please see if the following are possible to add (I own a software Dev company).

1) It would be nice if you had a ESC button when adding/editing a record. This way people can exit without saving.

2) It would be awesome if one could encrypt and save photos/jpegs - this means one could take a photo of a credit card, license, passport, etc as "proof".

Keep up the great work! Cheers from New Zealand!

Re: Desktop Version Released

viviajm
I immediately liked this app because I could have the same program on all of my devices, and the program is easy to use.  Now I will just uninstall on my phone and tablet and look elsewhere.
Any suggestions?

Re: Desktop Version Released

Josuemental
Man, I thought it automatically synchronized with the Android version, you should update them to make them work like that, else having the computer version is kind of pointless and useless, I'm just not using DropBox simply because I don't want to.

Re: Desktop Version Released

Kumar Iyer
Dear Group,
        How to configure the Desktop version. The mobile version has command bar config to configure the Pocket but I could not find any options/config button on the desktop version.

Thanks and Regards,
Kumar

Re: Desktop Version Released

mshramek
So I just figured out how to make everything sync myself. You have to download drop box to your desktop and then download pocket for your desktop. When you start pocket on your desktop for the first time, find your desktop drop box folder, go in it and select the "secure wallet" folder. Now any changes you make to either the desktop or android pocket will stay in sync.

If you make changes to your desktop pocket, the next time you open the android version a notification will come up that says "newer pocket available, use it?". Go ahead and click it and it will take you to a screen that says cancel or use. Hit use and now you are up to date with your desktop version.

The desktop version will just be automatically up to date with your android changes.

I noticed there were some recent posts asking how to sync the desktop and android versions and it is a little confusing at first. So I thought I would post this up for all of the later posts.

Re: Desktop Version Released

ljedwa
I've run into the exact same problem with the desktop app on Mac OS X. The files in Secure Wallet (wallet.db and hash.txt) are grayed out. Nothing can be selected… the file format list is empty. What is the trick to getting the app to let you select them?

Thanks very much for any help!

Re: Desktop Version Released

JMaz
Hi folks, anybody ever solve the greyed out files on the mac problem? im stuck here as well and my data is unfortunately held hostage until i can figure this out.

Re: Desktop Version Released

ahoistion
would love to see a web accessible version for those times when I don't have my phone and can't install the desktop version.

Re: Desktop Version Released

Olaf
Is this supposed to work with Windows Vista?  I've installed and run the pocket.exe file and nothing happens.

Thanks,
Olaf

Re: Desktop Version Released

G McSchroot
Goddamit Tim, for a guy with a straw hat you're a cool dudey. Great App.
rdf

Did you figure this out? Had running on Vista. Now won't do anything - just a blank screen. Tried a uninstall/reinstall, no luck.
rdf

Something I read in another post lead me to try updating Java. That fixed the problem!
oz

Re: Desktop Version Released

oz
hi
I face the exact problem and learned to know i cannot export the data i have an need to retype all date!!!
did you get an answer?
Please let know, it would help me a lot (i use it on my windows and mobile)
thanks
oz@harpaz.us

Re: Desktop Version Released

TheWing
Where i can find the file WALLET.DB?
My desktop version ask me this file.

Thank you

Re: Desktop Version Released

Sparks
Ok. I recommended this to a friend because I love the App. He does not use his cell for data. So he downloaded the Windows version but it appears he has to have a Android version in order for it to work? Is this true??

So will it run stand alone on windows or not??

Thanks
1234