Desktop Version Released

1234

Re: Desktop Version Released

jwmcclung
Scratch that.. I just figured it out.

Re: Desktop Version Released

doogle
I really enjoy this application. I have used is fairly extensively on my DROID X. However, my company is switching to iPhone and I currently have an iPad.
Is there a version of this app that will work on these devices. I will be saddened if there is not.
That means I will have to find a comparable product and relearn as well as re-enter all of my data.
Thank you for a great app.
D2

I'm rather new to the use of drop box and Pocket.  I set up an account with Drop Box, and tried to load Pocket onto my laptop.  When it asked me to load my existing pocket from the file system, I couldn't get anything to work.  I tried to use the newly set up Drop Box file, but that didn't work.  What am I doing wrong??
D2

Re: Desktop Version Released

D2
I've been able to get started with Pocket on my PC.  I uploaded my pocket file on my Android device to the drop box, and the installation was completed.  This is a very friendly and useful program.
D2
D2

Re: Desktop Version Released

D2
I've been able to get started with Pocket on my PC.  I uploaded my pocket file on my Android device to the drop box, and the installation was completed.  This is a very friendly and useful program.
D2

Re: Desktop Version Released

Sean
Hi,

For the desktop version, could you make the title font small or alternatively have adjustable column widths since I cannot see the "Edit" and "Delete" buttons. It seems you have designed the window for a wide screen monitor.

Thanks,
Sean

Re: Desktop Version Released

silverboy868
pocket.docxI am trying to add entries using the desktop version and then sync to phone. However, pocket desktop does not allow me to save any entries whatsoever. It shows an error"unable to save entry". Can anyone shed some light on this? I uploaded a screenshot but not sure if it works or not. Thanks for your time in advance...

Re: Desktop Version Released

wmclay
Hi Tim, great work.  I'm loving Pocket on my Android.

How about an auto-save feature before the desktop version time-locks itself?  Or at least let me come back and save the record I had open when I got distracted...

thanks,
Will

Re: Desktop Version Released

padma
I have down loaded the desk top version.  i also have a active pocket that i use in my Samsung Galaxy tablet. The desk top does not let me log in to my pocket. It asks me to to put a pocket folder name. How can I get round it. Thanks Padma

Re: Desktop Version Released

stepanh.android
It's annoyed. You must rename files. I complained yet. Look here http://pocket-for-android.1047292.n5.nabble.com/Desktop-files-vs-Android-files-tt5113344.html

Re: Desktop Version Released

Luis
Hello,

I noticed that on the desktop version there isn't an option to change the Master Password, will that be implemented in the future?  Thanks,

LG

Re: Desktop Version Released

Vasanti
Hi Tim,

I have installed Pocket on the HTC and have it working fine with dropbox for some time. Today i installed the PC version and have dropbox also on my PC. The problem is that when I start up Pocket on the desktop it keeps giving the following error:
'Unable to save Pocket properties: check permissions.

I have tried do various things but still no luck.

Can you help?

Re: Desktop Version Released

CannonFoddr
Just found out about 'pocket'
Really like it (especially as it's free') AND it also has a 'sort of' desktop App as well
EXCEPT for the fact that the Android App export as 'pocket.db' and 'pocket.txt' while the Desktop wants 'wallet.db' and 'hash.txt' (PLEASE FIX THIS)

I don't own a Dropbox & have no plan to get one either - but do prefer the 'offline' approach... shame about the difference in filenames...

Anyway - I'm not a programmer, but been experimenting with DOS BAT files & came up with this for us window users
if exist f:\pocket.db (xcopy F:\pocket.db wallet.db) ELSE (goto :eof)
if exist f:\pocket.txt (xcopy F:\pocket.txt hash.txt) ELSE (goto :eof)
java -jar pocket_1.5.jar

:eof
Created a BAT file with this in it, placed it in the same folder as I've placed the pocket_1.5.jar file, & now when I connect up my Android phone up as a 'removable drive' & run this BAT file
 (When connected it shows up as Drive 'F:' - if it shows up as something different on your PC - change the drive letter as appropriate).

This then copies over the files & renames them to 'wallet.db' and 'hash.txt' then start up the JAR version of Pocket's desktop program.
NOTE
> First time you run it you may be asked is it a file or directory - choose 'F' for file
> Further times you run it, as long as you haven't deleted the original copy, you will be asked if you want to overwrite the file - choose 'Y' [yes] or 'A' [all]

I also found/created a BAT file with
xcopy wallet.db F:\pocket.db /u
xcopy hash.txt F:\pocket.txt /u
Running this BAT file will copy 'wallet.db' and 'Hash.txt' back to the phone (remember to change the drive letter if it's wrong) & rename them back to 'pocket.db' and 'pocket.txt'
[You'll be asked if you want to overwrite the existing files though]

Reset 'pocket' & 'import' the db file back will load in the new database

NOTE: I have said I'm not a programmer - this works for me BUT it contains NO checking & I cannot be responsible for any loss of data etc
I'm sure there are other people who can make a better job of this

Anyway - I hope that this helps make it a little easier to 'offline sync' pocket files

Re: Desktop Version Released

Greg
Tim,

Not sure if you got my email - however I've packaged Pocket up as an OS X Application complete with installer.
Let me know if you're OK with me posting it.
roy

Re: Desktop Version Released

roy
I really like this application - super easy to setup and use with DropBox.

I have a couple of feature requests for the Windows app:

1) Ability to set logoff time (or disable completely). When I'm at my desktop, I don't want Pocket to log off automatically.

2) Save last opened window location and size when closing, so it re-opens where it last was. Pocket always opens in the top-left corner of the screen, but I'm using Google widgets on the left of my screen, and Pocket shows up 'under' the widgets. Also the initial window size is quite wide, probably because the title font is so large - maybe the title size could be reduced, so the Edit & Close buttons aren't so far to the right?

Thanks for making this application available,
Roy

Re: Desktop Version Released

fowlerj
Excellent release!  I really enjoy having this on my desktop now!  I love the theme of these tools.  Keep up the good work.

My only request is to look into Google Drive as an alternate for your customers to choose.  I signed up for dropbox for this app alone but I use Google Drive for docs all the time.  I would rather only having one installed on my PC.  Thanks for the consideration.

Solution to synchronisation bug

pyramidak
In software is bug, the synchronisation from Android to DropBox is functioning only when you set it from the start. When you set synchronisation later after creating database, it won´t synchronise even if it´s saying it! What a huge bug. Tim Clark didn´t test this, seems he thinks he´s so good it´s not needed :-). Sorry Tim, but transfer of files should be always tested! Probably you are creating folder in dropbox only in beginning and later you do not test it or similar stupid mistake.

Rather than waiting to fix his mistake, save the hash.txt and wallet.db to Dropbox/SecureWallet and make reset in android to set all again.

To Clark!: Why user can not create database in Windows? Win version only checks DropBox. Every normal guy starts to fill the database in Windows and then transfer data to Android via DropBox.

setting folder

pyramidak
Clark, are you sure about saving setting in Windows version to c:/users/"user"/.pocket, you are not user of Windows much, right? The most important folder and now everyone must see the setting of Pocket. Correct path for setting is c:/users/"user"/AppData/Roaming/Pocket, the dot in folder name you can keep for Android :-).

I´ve paid you, so stick in chair at the computer and fix all! :-)

Re: Desktop Version Released

alexb
Seconded fowlerj's request for Google Drive
Alex

Re: Desktop Version Released

Marc G.
I third that request for Google Drive vs. Dropbox. (from another paid customer) :)
Otherwise, love it... just looking forward to some updates???
1234