Desktop ... Pocket database not found (wallet.db)

Tod

Desktop ... Pocket database not found (wallet.db)

Tod
I am obviously missing something very obvious ...

I've been using Pocket for Android for quite some time, with the Db in my DropBox account.

Just now trying to use Pocket Desktop ... first thing it asks for is "Please load your exiting Pocket from the filesystem".

1) On DropBox it says that the only way to access something is by putting it in Public folder and "Copy Public Link".  I copied both the Db and hash files to the Public folder ... didn't work, Pocket Desktop had this response ...

Message ... Pocket database not found (wallet.db)

This was the Public Link ...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18191732/wallet.db

What am I missing/doing wrong?

Thx!

Re: Desktop ... Pocket database not found (wallet.db)

timothyjc
Administrator
You need the desktop version of Dropbox installed.

Then you just enter the path to the SecureWallet folder on your desktop.
Tod

Re: Desktop ... Pocket database not found (wallet.db)

Tod
Got it ... absolutely, agreed ... it was already installed.  That's how I'm getting those messages, they are coming from Pocket Desktop.

You say, "Then you just enter the path to the SecureWallet folder on your desktop."  What IS that path?  I'm using DropBox ... please give an example syntax for what is to be entered.  Because everything that I enter says it can't find the wallet.db
Tod

Re: Desktop ... Pocket database not found (wallet.db)

Tod
Ok ... like I said ... I was just plain missing something ...

C:\Documents and Settings\MyProfileName\My Documents\Dropbox\SecureWallet

That worked.

I was expecting to see wallet.db in that SecureWallet folder when using the Browse button from within Pocket Desktop.  Nothing appeared in that folder.  However, if I use the Windows Browser everything is there.

-------------

When it gets to be really hard ... then it is either something stupid (I'm missing) or it is really something hard.  Typically it is just something stupid that I'm missing.  :-)

Love the App ... especially now that I have an easier interface on the Desktop for doing mass entries.

Thx!

Re: Desktop ... Pocket database not found (wallet.db)

Debu
Hi,

I am new to Android.

I am also getting the same message "wallet.db" not found.

I donot have dropbox account but installed "pocket-pc-desktop" in my xp.

I want to sync / backup data from android to PC and vice versa.

Pls help.

Thanks
JC

Re: Desktop ... Pocket database not found (wallet.db)

JC
Hi, I could not find "SecurityWallet" or "Wallet.db" in my desktop PC by file/folder search) but I can see "SecurityWallet" under "My Apps" of Dropbox website. Maybe should I syn the Dropbox between PC and website first? Please advise. Thanks

Re: Desktop ... Pocket database not found (wallet.db)

lylys17emp
i tried all the above suggestions, still not working for me.  I cannot load "existing Pocket from the filesystem"  What am i doing wrong?  I think i would really love this app if i could just get it to work.
JC

Re: Desktop ... Pocket database not found (wallet.db)

JC
Hi, I have the same problem. Did you get any solution? Thanks

Re: Desktop ... Pocket database not found (wallet.db)

Darko
Apparently you have to copy your "pocket name".db and "pocket name".txt to pc folder and then rename them to wallet.db and hash.txt. Then you can load it to pc pocket app. But when you want to return it to phone you have to get same names for .db and .txt :(.

So if you don't want to use dropbox online here is what i have done.

To get started:
1. Make new pocket in android pocket app or use already made one.
2. Export it as encrypted sql database
3. Copy "pocket name".db and "pocket name".txt from android root to some folder on pc.
4. Rename them to wallet.db and hash.txt.
5. Open them in pc pocket app and edit data.

To export data to android:
1. Copy wallet.db and hash.txt to some folder on phone and RENAME hash.txt to wallet.txt!
2. Start android app, get into pocket app, go config, chose reset
3. Start setup, import from sdcard, browse to wallet.db
4. Complete setup

When you edit your data on desktop just repeat last 4 steps.
When you edit your data on phone you have to repeat everything.

This could be faster if I used pocket xml or csv formats but they aren't encripted.

This is best I could find. If there is better and faster way, pls share :).
Btw, good app :). If this gets automated i am donating :D. Chears

Re: Desktop ... Pocket database not found (wallet.db)

CCyster
Tried this but couldn't see the required files after export on phone. Found them on My Computer on phones SD card then copied Hash.txt and Wallet.db to the Secure Wallet in the Drop Box on my pc and now works a treat. Many thanks for the tips

Re: Desktop ... Pocket database not found (wallet.db)

Dr Strangelove
I just downloaded the Desktop Pocket version.

I already have and use the Android Pocket version and have backed up the content to my dropbox.

On the Desktop installation you are asked to enter the database directory.

I entered my dropbox folder and nothing was seen on the folder listing on my Desktop.

So I just used blind faith and clicked OK without a file being visibly entered and low and behold it all just worked.

Password OK and all my previous entries are now 'in' my Desktop Pocket.

So even if you don't see the file (Wallet.db) but 'really truely' believe that it's there then it should just work. Did in my case.

Re: Desktop ... Pocket database not found (wallet.db)

lylys17emp
no still cannot get this to sync.  getting too complicated. thought this would be an easy app but am getting frustrated. may have to uninstall although hate to give up.  any easy fixes?

Re: Desktop ... Pocket database not found (wallet.db)

techfella
I just had to replace my HTC G1 and now I can't import the wallet.db on my SD card to the Andriod app. I have the desktop software installed, but my issue is with the phone. I get two errors when completing the installation and run setup.

"network error communicating with dropbox" when I try to import via dropbox

"unable to import pocket" when I try to use the SD card wallet.db

My dropbox login information is correct and I see the wallet.db file on the card.

What am I doing wrong?

Re: Desktop ... Pocket database not found (wallet.db)

rahul
How did you find "pocket name".db and "pocket name".txt in android?
How did you export it?
Is rooting the mobile required?

How did you export the data from android?
Is rooting the mobile required?

Re: Desktop ... Pocket database not found (wallet.db)

rahul
How can i export pocket databases from android to dropbox?
I have basic version of pocket.
Is rooting the mobile required?